Monday, January 17, 2011

The Journey is FINALLY Complete~ I've gone RED

I really, really, really wanted to color my hair red for the past... 6 or so months now.  The only thing that was stopping me was because I'm in a modeling agency and they preferred our natural hair color (Hence why my hair was ALL black for such a long time.).  I was SUPER bored with my hair so I just decided to go for it!!

Going red all over was such a process; mainly because I already had color in my hair, so it would be pretty close to impossible to lift it without bleaching it out first, and I didn't really want to do that.... ANYWAY.. I went to my first stylist (one of my instructors at the hair school I use to attend), picked out a color, and turns out they ran out of that color at the salon that would lift and deposit color without having to bleach it out.  So, she put a different color from a different color line on and the color didn't take on my mid-shaft and ends of my hair ><.  The color on my regrowth was pretty though.

So afterwards, I called all the different salon supplies to look for the color that would lift and deposit, but NO luck at all!!! I was getting frustrated because I thought I looked goofy (it's more noticeable if you are a hairdresser haha.)  Finally, I decided to go back to the salon that I work at and have my boss bleach my hair (a week after the first color appt.).. After that process, I was a coppery-red color.  I went and bought a tube of mahogany-red and had my boss apply it on for me and VIOLA!!! I LOVE IT!! After 1 week and 1 day, my hair is finally complete!!  You might think my hair is probably all dead and fried, but surprisingly, it's not =D  The bleach and the depositing color was pretty gentle on my hair




My hair looks more brown than it does red in photos =\.  Boooo.............  When I go for my touch up, I will have them add more red into it =]

2 comments:

  1. well in the pictures, your color looks AWESOME. its really pretty. cant wait to see it in person!

    what is your agency going to think? hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that your hair is in great condition; that was what we were worried about! It looks beautiful! I wish it were me that could have given you the complete look, but I'm glad it finally got done! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete